APSARA DINNER SHOW
The famous Khmer Classical Dance, which forms an integral part of the culture of Cambodia, is now in Heritage Suites Hotel ©.
We are truly delighted to present to you the famous
The APSARA, a woodland spirit, is played by a woman, sewn into tight-fitting traditional dress, [whose graceful, sinuous gestures are codified to narrate classical myths or religious stories. In 2003, UNESCO declared the dance a “Masterpiece of Oral and Intangible Culture”, and laid plans for a regeneration of the art form. The performance was first introduced to foreign countries during the 1960s, when it became known in the English language as the Khmer Royal Ballet, or alternatively the Cambodian Royal Ballet. The first royal ballerina ever was Norodom Bopha Devi, a daughter of Norodom Sihanouk. Lkhaon Kbach Boran -the main genre of classical dance drama performed by women Lkhaon Khaol a genre of dance drama performed by men.
TWO TYPES OF DANCERS:
• The costume for crown has 5 points or tips with two rows of spherical decorationslike the apsara pictured at Angkor Wat
• White shirt and white charabob (silk skirt)
• The Ankle Jewelry on the left and the right has design with carvings
• Have three points and only one row of sphere decoration
• Pink shirt and atleast 7 colors for the skirt
• The ankle jewelry on the left and right has a plain design only